Turbo Diesel

Comments

Now that is a serious four wheel drive work truck. Not sure how the hydraulic ram on the front is used. Could this be a railroad maintenance vehicle? Thank you for thinking of me when you posted this photo. I will keep an eye out for more vehicles.
Martina said…
No railroad anywhere - it's a farmer's Unimog. The ram is perhaps for ramming fence posts? I have no idea, really.

The post before I posted a tractor for you ;-) - the model/series is called "Bauernfreund", i.a. "Farmer's friend". Sounds cute.
Martina said…
btw -I think this is a Unimog 401 manufactured between 1953 - 1956.
This is such a cool truck. Wish I had one. Not much of a road machine, but then no roads needed for this one. Does the name Unimog mean anything? Uni would suggest one of something.
Martina said…
Unimog is an acronym for the German "UNIversal-MOtor-Gerät", Gerät being the German word for device (also in the sense of machine, instrument, gear, apparatus).

Ah, an acronym. Thank you for the explanation. Makes perfect sense.